Data Privacy Declaration
1. General information on the collection of personal data
(a) The protection of your private sphere is very important to us when you use our Websites, consequently we use your personal data in compliance with the legal stipulations concerning data privacy. Personal data means all data that can be personally related to you, e.g. name, address, e-mail address, user behavior. In the following we will inform you how handle your personal data.
(b) The “controller” (responsible person) in the sense of art. 4 para. 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is the Portfolio Director Linkage & Suspension Europe, THK RHYTHM AUTOMOTIVE GmbH, European Headquarters, Fichtenstrasse 37, 40233 Düsseldorf, Germany, Phone +49-211-90955-0
You can reach our data privacy officers under firstname.lastname@example.org or at our postal address with the addition of "Data privacy officer".
(c) If you are under 16 years of age, then please obtain the consent of a parent or guardian before you make any personal data available.
2. Collection of personal data when visiting our Website
(a) Fundamentally speaking, you can visit our Website without telling us who you are. As usual with almost all Websites, the Server on which our Website is located (hereinafter referred to as "Web server") automatically collects information from you when you visit us in the Internet. This data is technically necessary for us and ensures the stability and security of our Website.
We regularly evaluate these Server logs anonymously for statistical purposes (Click Stream analysis) so that we can determine how our Websites are being used. We can then optimize our Internet presence on the basis of these findings.
In addition, we can use this information in collaboration with the Internet Provider and/or the relevant authorities in the event of abuse or misuse of the system to be able to determine who cause this abuse or misuse.
(b) In addition to the data listed above, cookies will be stored on your computer when you use our Website. Cookies are small text files that are stored on the hard disk that is used by your browser and through which information is sent to the point set by the cookie (in this case, to us). Cookies cannot run programs or transfer viruses to your computer. They are used to make the Internet offering more user-friendly and effective.
This Website makes use of Google Analytics cookies.
(c) Cookies from third parties and our Websites
We allow third parties to place cookies on your computer via these Websites.
(1) This Website uses Google Analytics, a Web analysis service of Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called “cookies”, which are small text files that are stored on your computer and make possible an analysis of the use of the Website through them. The information that has been generated by the cookies about your use of this Website is transferred as a rule to a Server at Google in the USA and stored there. In the event of the activation of IP anonymization on this Website, your IP address is first of all truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or in other signatories of the agreement. Only in exceptional cases is the full IP address sent to a Server at Google in the USA and truncated there. Google will use this information to the commission of the owner of this Website to evaluate your utilization of this Website so as to compile reports about Web activities and to provide further services for the Website owner that are related to Website usage and Internet usage.
(2) The IP address that is sent from your browser as part of Google Analytics is not compiled together with the other information by Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being stored by making the corresponding setting in your browser; however, we would like to point out that in this case you may not be able to use all of the functions of the Website in their full scope. In addition, you can prevent the collection of the data that is generated by the cookie and relates to your use of this Website (including your IP address) by Google and the processing of your data by Google by installing the browser plug-in that can be downloaded from the following link and then installed: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
(4) This Website uses Google Analytics with the extension "_anonymizeIp()". As a result of this, IP addresses are processed truncated so that it is impossible to relate them to a particular person. Insofar as a reference to a person can be made to a person from the collected data, this is therefore excluded at once and the personal data thus deleted immediately.
(5) We make use of Google Analytics to analyse the usage of our Websites and to be able to improve them regularly. We can improve our offering through the statistics gained from this and also make it more interesting for you as a user. For exceptional cases in which your personal data is transmitted to the USA, Google does this subject to the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Information on the third party provider Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax:+353 (1) 436 1001. User terms and conditions: http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html, overview of data privacy: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html, and the data privacy declaration: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(d) Use of social media plug-ins
Currently we do not use any social media plug-ins.
(e) Integration of YouTube videos
Currently we have not integrated any YouTube videos into our online offering.
(f) Integration of Google Maps
(1) We use the offering from Google Maps on our Website. As a result, we can display interactive maps directly on our Website and this makes it possible for you to conveniently use the map function.
(2) As a result of the visit to our Website Google receives the information that you called up the corresponding subpage of our Website. In addition, the data listed under item 2 above of this declaration is transferred. This is done regardless of whether Google provided a user account what you logged into or if there is no user account at all. If you are logged into Google, your data is assigned directly to your account. If you do not want this assignment with your profile in Google, you must log out before activating the button. Google saves your data as usage profiles and use them for advertising and market research purposes and/or to structure its Website to better match the needs. An evaluation of this sort is done in particular (even for users who are not logged in) to provide advertising matched to the user and to inform other users of the social network about your activities on our Website. You have a right to object to the setting up of these user profiles, whereby have to contact Google concerning the exercising of these rights.
(3) You can get further information on the purpose and scope of the data collection and the processing of the data by the plug-in provider in the data privacy declaration of the plug-in provider. There you can also obtain further information of the rights that you have concerning this and the options for stopping these processes so as to protect your private sphere: http://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your data in the USA and complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield, https://www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
When you make contact with us by e-mail or via a contact form that data that you have sent to us (your e-mail address, if applicable, your name and telephone number), we store these to be able to answer your questions. We delete the data produced in this connection once it is no longer necessary to store it or else restrict the processing of it if there are legal stipulations for archiving.
3. Handling of the personal data of our business partners
THK processes personal data for the following purposes in the course of cooperation with its business partners:
• Communication with business partners concerning products, services and projects, e.g. to process enquiries from the business partner.
• Planning, execution and administration of the (contractual) business relationship, e.g. to process the ordering of products and services, to obtain payments, for accounting purposes, billing and collection of receivables and to mail deliveries and to provide maintenance work or repairs.
• Carrying out customer questionnaires, marketing campaigns, market analysis.
• Maintaining and protecting the safety and security of our products and services and our Websites, preventing and uncovering security risks, fraudulent or deceptive actions, or other criminal actions or ones done with the intention of causing harm.
• Settling of legal disputes, implementing existing contracts, enforcing, exercising and defending legal claims.
THK process as applicable the following categories of personal data for the above-mentioned purposes:
• Contact information, such as first name and family name, business address, business telephone number, business mobile phone number, business fax number and business e-mail address.
• Payment data, such as details that are required for the processing of payment transactions or for the prevention of fraud, including credit card information and credit card security numbers.
• Further information on this processing that is required as a part of a project or the handling of a contractual relationship with THK or which had been freely volunteered by our contact persons, such as past orders, past enquiries or project details.
• Information that had been collected from publicly available sources, information databases or credit agencies.
The processing of the personal data is required for the purposes stated above, including the implementation of the (contractual) business relationship with the business partner. The legal basis for this data processing is, unless anything is explicitly stated to the contrary, art. 6 para. 1 lit. b and f GDPR or explicitly granted approval (art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR) of our contact partner.
If no specific period of storage of the data is stated (e.g. as part of a declaration of approval), then your personal data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to fulfill the purpose of the storage unless that are any legal stipulations for archiving (e.g. archiving requirements under commercial and tax law) that prevent such a deletion.
4. Legal basis of the processing
We process your personal data on the basis of the justified interest in the operation and making available of contents on our Website (art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR). We collect and process only those personal data of visitors to our homepage that is necessary to preserve our justified interests for the protection and functionality of our Web presence. If you get in touch with us via email the same legal basis applies for collecting and processing your personal data (art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR).
5. Your rights
According to the stipulations of the GDPR, you can enforce the following rights against us:
• right to information
• right to correction
• right to restriction of processing
• right to deletion / right to be forgotten
• right to transferability of the data
• right to object
If the processing of your personal data is subject to your approval, you have at all times the right to revoke your approval with effect for the future. The legality of the processing of data that had been done up until the time of the revoking of your approval remains unaffected.
Access logs are stored on our Web server for two years.
If you wish to make use of your rights as listed above then contact us at this address at any time: email@example.com. If you are of the opinion that we are processing your personal data that is not permissible, then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, you have the right to contact the data privacy supervisory authorities.
The relevant responsible supervisory authorities (in Germany) are:
Landesbeauftragte für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit Nordrhein-Westfalen
Telephone : 0211/38424-0
6. Place of processing of the data
(a) In view of the global nature of our company we may transfer your personal data to Japan and other countries where the data privacy laws may possibly be less comprehensive than those applicable in the EU. Access to your personal data will therefore be limited to natural persons in such cases.
(b) Our Web server (access log data) is located in Japan. The data obtained from cookies is stored on the Google Server.
(c) The protection of personal data in third party countries is ensured by the application of standard contractual clauses between the TRA GmbH as the operator of our Web presence and THK Japan on the basis of the proposal of the European Commission.
(d) You can inspect these guarantees by contacting us via the e-mail address given item 1. b) above.
7. Passing on of your personal data
We do not pass on your personal data to third parties when you visit our website. We do not use Google Analytics to create user identities or to evaluate visitor behavior. The recipient of your data is the IT section at THK Japan as the operator of this Website.
However, if you contact us via email or exchange data with us as a business partner such data could be passed to the institutions below while at the same time all obligations coming from the GDPR concerning the processing of personal data are followed:
• THK Japan
• Administrative offices, public authorities or banks
• IT services
8. Security measures
Insofar as we pass on data to our service providers as part of the services described here, then this is covered in addition by the mandatory legal stipulations concerning contractual stipulations with us concerning the topic of data privacy.
We make use of security measures that we continuously optimize according to technical and legal developments so as to be able to protect to the maximum possible extent against accidental or malicious manipulation, loss, destruction or access by unauthorized third parties.
9. Links to other Websites
Our online presence includes links to other Websites. This data privacy declaration does not extend to other providers or sites.
We have no influence on whether or not their operators comply with the relevant data privacy stipulations and therefore assume no responsibility whatsoever for the information provided there being accurate, correct. up to data or complete.
If you have any comments or questions concerning these guidelines on data privacy or cookies then please contact us via the responsible persons given in the contact data in this declaration (see item 1 above).
The rapid development of the Internet makes it necessary to modify our data privacy stipulations from time to time. You will be informed at this point about anything that is new.
※ Data Privacy Declaration (German)
You can find our data privacy declaration in German, too.